Galaxy S3 Kit kat Update
shariny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any idea when this is going to be pushed out to the Galaxy S3?

Re: Galaxy S3 Kit kat Update
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I thought the S3 already had the OTA update.  If not, you'll want to root your phone now, turn off system updates, and run like crazy from Kit Kat. Until you read its safe to update.  Right now it is not safe.    If you haven't been reading the posts here almost all Verizon Android phones that received Kit Kat via OTA (over the air) are having MAJOR problems with the phone not working. I have an S4 still under manufacturers warranty and Kit Kat bricked my phone. Verizon switched it out, I had to root the new one, turn off the system updates and keep it on Jellybean for it to keep working.  I love JB.  KK is a living nightmare. There are major changes and many things you use to be able to do with the S3 won't work anymore.  There are no positives to this update. You only lose features.  Read quickly.  Act quickly. 

0 Likes
Volleybill54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nope, the S3 owners have been waiting for months for the update.  Not eve a hypothetical date when theat might happen from Big Red.  Frustrating, this is the second thread in this forum, the other S3 kitkat thread is over 30 replies.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

(Removed)

If you want Kit Kat buy a phone made with it already on it.  Get the Galaxy S5.  OTA Kit Kat is a nightmare.

Its good advice.

Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes