Galaxy S3 alarm is not reliable (Solved)
NoVA_JB

Recently I've been having issues with my Galaxy S3 alarm where it goes off for a second than shuts off. I get a notification in the ongoing notification section with a speaker symbol and I have to reset for it to go away.

Today I received an update to Samsung Push Service but I can no longer trust the alarm to wake me up in the AM.

Is anyone else having this issue?

The problem was voice command would turn off the alarm as soon as it went off. I shut it off through S Voice and it works like a charm.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 alarm is not reliable
dobiemom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea, can't trust the alarm on mine either! 4 days in a row from a phone that was just bought 5 days ago! Bought it Saturday (3/30) enjoyed the phone until Monday morning when I woke up late because the alarms that I had set Sunday night didn't go off! Phone was on, the notification light was on, but it would not come out of sleep/standby mode! Only thing that woke the phone was to pull the battery and reboot! Once rebooted, it worked fine...til the next morning. Called VZW yesterday about the problem....the tech I spoke gave me the same tired story as everyone else gets...told me it was an app I installed (only thing I installed was facebook, which I've always ran on my phones). Needless to say, no alarm again this morning. I WILL be at VZW when they open this morning...this *** is going back!

<Minor editing of post for profanity per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes