Re: Galaxy S3 and MMS
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sometimes this is the case.  The phone is supposed to make that switch automatically, so as to not interfere with your service, but they don't always.

0 Likes
enveeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jeff,

I have similar issues. My troubleshooting has concluded with my S3, that I'm unable to send MMS while I'm connected to wifi exclusively using the native messaging app on my S3. I turned on the delivery reports which was helpful for troubleshooting. When I'm connected to a wifi network, I cannot send a MMS, but can receive. As soon as I disconnect wifi, and send a MMS, it works immediately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this enveeo! MMS does require mobile data. Please ensure mobile data is still connected while on wifi in Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks. When you attempt to send a MMS while on wifi do you notice the switch to 3G/4G in the signal indicator? Is your mobile network setting set to CDMA/LTE in Mobile Networks>Network Mode? Does this happen on all wifi connections or a specific connection? Please share more details. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
enveeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Tominque,

Answers to your questions:

1) Mobile Data is connected.

2) Network is set to CDMA/LTE.

3) This happens on all wifi connections. I use a WPA2 personal wifi at home and WPA2 enterprise connection at work. It happens regardless of a 2.4 GHZ connections and 5.0 GHZ connections. It also happens on public wifis that I have tried and friend's wifi.

0 Likes
Chicoman73

I am also having this issue.  I can receive mms while on wifi, but not send.  Sometimes when I try to reply to mms while I'm on wifi I notice that the phone will show both a wifi and a network (either 4G or 3G) connection at the same time, both with arrows showing that it's TRYING to send the message, but the message won't go.  I also have to shut off my wifi on my phone to reply to mms messages.  Oh, and I have my network set to CDMA/LTE.  So annoying!!!

0 Likes
enveeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chicoman,

Unfortunately, I don't think the customer support rep will be able to assist you. I however, have a solution. It's quite oddballish but it did work. What I did to fix the problem was to reboot the phone into safe mode.

Once in safe mode, send a MMS. and reboot the phone in normal mode.

This should fix your issue on sending MMS while on wifi.

-Nick

Chicoman73

I think that worked!  Thanks!

0 Likes
enveeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're welcome Smiley Happy

0 Likes
chizou

I was able to fix this with a Samsung rep. I went to Settings->Application Manager->Slide bar on top to "ALL"->Wi-Fi Direct Share->Clear Data. Do this for Wi-Fi Direct too if it allows you to. After I did that and disconnected then reconnect to my Wi-Fi, I was able to start sending out MMS messages when connected to Wi-Fi

0 Likes
tcarruth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked for me

0 Likes