Galaxy S3 not all pictures will send?
tobiasungen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since updating to Android 4.3, I have had odd problems sending picture messages. I have delivery confirmation turned on, and I can tell that certain pictures taken from my camera will send, but never be received by my contacts. The message status will say 'sent', but delivery confirmation will just say 'requested', instead of actually confirming that it was sent and received. There is not a size issue, as pictures ranging from 4kb to 1200 kb will inconsistently send or not send.

I do not have wifi turned on, I do not have any third party messaging apps, and I am running the latest software as per software update.

Is this a problem born from updating to 4.3, or a newly discovering problem with my phone?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 not all pictures will send?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tobiasungen,

Congrats on getting the new Android 4.3 update. I know that you are excited to experience all of the enhancement that this update has to offer. I'm excited to partner with you and get your pictures sending properly. May I ask are you able to browse the web without any issues? Also, how much device memory do you have available? I would suggest deleting old/long text threads, perform a sim card pull, reboot, and retest. After you have done so, please keep us posted on the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tobiasungen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for replying to my question.

I have no problems with internet access; I can use browsers, play games, update software, etc..

I have just under 10GB of storage available on my phone and the only long/old text threads I have are not the contacts that I am having difficulty sending pictures to (oddly enough). However, it seems that I am only having difficulty sending pictures to other Samsung phones (galaxyS3, S4, Smiley, Intensity II), on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint networks..not entirely sure if this is a coincidence or not, but I have not had any issues with iPhone users.

Unfortunately, not much has changed after the sim card pull and reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tobiasungen,

Thank you for the details! We want you to be able to send all picture messages successfully. Are you able to send the picture messages with Wifi on? Have you tried a hard reset? http://vz.to/1ikbRAL

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
tobiasungen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never been able to send picture messages with Wifi turned on before. I used to have issues where even if I was connected to a stable Wifi network, I would not be able to send (though I was able to receive) any picture messages at all, so now I just keep Wifi off unless I am updating apps or software. I should have mentioned in my first post that I already tried a hard reset before posting here, my apologies.

0 Likes