Re: Galaxy S4 Connection Problems
Sandi01
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI-I just upgraded to an S4 and I am experiencing connection issues - even at home with my secure wifi on, and sitting near the router. I had similar issues with an S3. My Razr XT912 was the best phone I had, and the RAZRM had better call quality and less dropped calls than the S3. My question is, should I return this phone and just go back to the Razr - or are there Samsung updates available to fix this? I chose the phone for the camera - which would be very useful, but I am concerned about connectivity and maps, as I do ride in remote areas and think the Moto X would also be a fabulous phone, minus the camera. I'm disappointed and confused. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Sandi01,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your S4.  It is a great phone and I want you to have an excellent experience with it.

Are you only having problems connecting to WiFi or our data network as well? What zip code are you having issues in? Are you having any issues with calls as well?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
utbasin

it sounds like developer options have been activated. on setting/developer options, kill apps you probably check that box. unchecked the box and that problem will go away.

0 Likes
utbasin

This is the fix for, internet stopped working, bookmarks wont open, internet windows wont close, and a few other issues.

just stay out of developer options.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Developer options are hidden on a Galaxy S4; the average user wouldn't know how to make them visible.

0 Likes
utbasin

Your probably right I've owned my gs4 for three days now. And learned this the first day after coming from a thunderbolt.

cul8ter.

0 Likes
copasetical
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine keeps forgetting its network settings, requiring me to re-enter logins and passwords for secure networks.  This is true whether on EAP-CHAP, or WEP/WPA connections. It's been since the last update, and is incredibly annoying. Happens every few days.

0 Likes
Nanismom

I have the S4 and for the past month or so my connection is terrible.  I can not connect to internet nor make phone calls when in my friend's basement which is only a few blocks from my home.  Once outside I can make a call.  My reception from work is usually lousy and have to move around the building to make a call.  When at the U of Penn animal hospital I have no service unless I step outside of the building.  Everyone else is using their phone, but me.  I switched from Tmobile to Verizon because I heard their reception was great, so I am very disappointed.  I am going to the Verizon store today to see what they say...not sure if it is my phone or them. I get very upset when I am expecting an important phone call and they can't get to me....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nanismom

We definitely want you to love your service! Let's work on getting your calls to connect where you need us. While service is difficult to maintain indoors, and especially on levels underground like basements, we can check to be sure you're getting the best signal available. What zip code are you in? Does your experience improve after removing the SIM card? Here's how: http://vz.to/1srh8di

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes