Re: Galaxy S4 Texting issue after KitKat 4.4.2 update
Onebig93zj

I have been having this exact same issue on my Note 3 since the update.. i'm thinking it's a KIT KAT issue across the board with samsung phones.. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
sliight
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it's apparent the upgrade was a downgrade, and the Verizon moderators only offer an apology and a fix idea which is comparable to the "turn it off and remove the battery fix" you receive the moment you call text support.

So knowing we're toast until whoever blew KitKat pushes out some fixes, does anyone have any ideas on alternate fixes?

I'm mainly just having text issues, mostly just excessively slow.  As if they put an Apple II C into my phone to handle texting...  That said, anyone have any ideas on a good texting app?  Figure I'll try something new.  If it's not fixed the next time the weather goes bad I'll probably try one of XDA's KitKat OS's.  Everything I've ever installed from them has been solid.

Thoughts?  Thanks,

0 Likes
sliight
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just did some research on text apps.  After reading the reviews of the top 5 most of them had reviews complaining about "the update", so it looks like they may be having KitKat issues also.

I decided to try the GO SMS app since all of their other stuff has been solid.  After installing it gave me the option to set as default app, which I did.  I can now click on a conversation that has a TON of texts in it, and it instantly pops open.  Sending texts is immediate.  So I've only tested for a few minutes but so far it's fast, smooth, and easy to use.

For those of you who decide you don't like it, or skip the "set as default" ... you can do it later by clicking settings> More> default sms app.

Hopefully this helps people with the texting issues...

0 Likes
Onebig93zj

Well, I woke up this morning to a soft bricked phone.... That's awesome! Sounds like a trip to Verizon where i'll sit for a couple hours and probably not get anything fixed...

0 Likes
ljordan119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon knows what the problems is, so does Smasung and so does google. It is the 4.4.2 KitKat update. Everyone knows. All of the forums are saying the same thing. These issues did nto start until the update was rolled out. Why doesn't Verizon take ownership of the problem and fix it. The S5 does not seem to be having the same problem as the S4 with the 4.4.2 software.

The solution is for Samsung, Verizon and/or Google to make good on their product. It that is a S5, then so be it if they want to keep their customers. The way this is going, this will for sure drive Verizon customers to other sevice providers. These issues and Verizon not working to solve it is very bad customer advertisment and Verizon seems not to be working to solve it. We are all witnessing that for sure.

0 Likes
tyyt

Having the same text issues after the update.  I wonder how much noise it will take to develop a fix.

0 Likes
jrod3055

like others here I'm experiencing the same since the update to 4.4.2  I read someone else post their work-around and I've had success.  After you get the failed to send text message, turn ON Airplane Mode and wait for approximately 10-15 seconds.  You will notice once you turn OFF Airplane Mode your 3G icon return to 4G and re-send your text message.  That appears to be the hang up, for me at least, when I'm in the 3G mode here at work.  I have a Bi-Directional Antenna system in the building from Verizon so the signal strength is fine.  To me this tells me it is the update and has nothing to do with the signal strength which I've read some representative have told customers.  Good luck everyone. 

0 Likes
lswatson111304

I'm having the same issues. 5 calls to verizon. Still no fix. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
momplus4girls
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same issue since upgrade!

0 Likes
BillC781
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list!  This is getting worse, not better.  Occasionally I have had some success when I close all other open apps, clear the cache on Messages and resend, but it does not consistently allow me to resend text messages.  Everything was fine until the kitkat upgrade.  I've read other posts around the web they say it works if they're not connected to wifi, but can not corroborate any such linkage to functionality as I have tried with and without wifi and achieve identical results.

This matter needs to be addressed, and soon!

Thank you!

0 Likes