Galaxy S4 not charging after recent update
Mr_O1

After installing the recent software update onto my Galaxy S4, it's been charging extremely slow. Last night I put the phone to charge with 35% battery life and this morning it was at only 65%. I've been charging it singe i came to work and it hasn't cracked the 80% mark.

Can someone please assist?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 not charging after recent update
05RC51

Can't help but your not the only one.

Mine's slow to charge now when connected to a usb port on my monitor. Used to charge way faster before kitkat update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mr.0 - Let's give you back the power to power your phone! Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Are you charging while connected to wall or a USB port? Since this began have you removed and reinserted the battery? I am eager to get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

mr070767

Since the update 4 out of 5 times whenever someone calls me and I answer I can not hear them I say hello 3 -4 times and then hang up.  I call the person back and they say that they heard me say hello but I could not hear them.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Todd1HHD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yale! I was having the same problems now the phone is saying that my charger is not compatible and it wont charge!!!! I lost the original charger a while ago and found a couple that did work but now they don't. I even just bought a samsung branded 10w charger, and its still saying use the original charger.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mr070767, thanks for these details. Since having this audio issue, have you powered your device off/on to soft reset it? Does your phone have any physical or liquid damage?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, Mr. O!

Did you purchase the charger from Verizon Wireless? Have you reset the device after the update (hard reset/soft reset)? Share details so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes