Galaxy S4 not supported in new version of VZW Software Upgrade Assistant?
RGamer

I updated the VZW Software Upgrade Assistant program on the computer, and now it seems the Galaxy S4 isn't recognized anymore after the PC software updated!

Even following the instructions on setting the phone to MTP mode for File Transfer on the PC doesn't help the program to recognize the S4.

Can the S4 be added to the program so it can have the latest software update?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 not supported in new version of VZW Software Upgrade Assistant?
yeseniav_vzw
Verizon Employee

RGamer,

We want to make sure your phone is up to date with the latest software version. Software updates are provided through the manufacture. Please click here to see what software version your device should be on: Samsung Galaxy S 4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless  .

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
RGamer

I checked and my software version is I545VRUGOF1.

The Verizon website says I545VRSGPL1 is the latest one.

I cannot update it through Wifi, the last time I updated it was through the Verizon Update Assistant, but now for some reason the latest version of the Assistant doesn't see my Galaxy S4!!

Can you help me get my Galaxy S4 to be seen through the program?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to get the software updated on your device RGamer. We will definitely do everything we can to help. What happens when you try to update over WiFi? Does your computer recognize the device outside of the Software Upgrade Assistant?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RGamer

When I try to update over Wifi it fails because it says "Software Update is temporarily unavaliable. Try again later." It never changes this status.

I was able to get a new version of the system software pushed to my phone using an older version of the Verizon Software Update Assistant. I do not have a SIM card currently inside the phone however I feel this should not halt the updates from reaching my phone, as I got it from the Update Assistant AFTER removing the SIM card.

My computer recognizes the device and can see the files inside on MTP mode. This confuses me as to why the newer version of VSUA doesn't see my phone even when putting it on the correct mode.

Can you update the Update Assistant software to use the Galaxy S4? Then I could reach the update.

0 Likes