Galaxy S4 won't turn on all the way
thatkidghandi

My Galaxy S4 won't completely turn on. It gets to the Verizon screen and just stops, it's not necessarily frozen, it just pauses and doesn't get any further than. I've never had this problem before and I've only used the original charger for it so I don't know what would've caused this to happen. 

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 won't turn on all the way
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try removing the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall.

0 Likes
thatkidghandi

Thanks but it didn't work. I'm just going to take it to Verizon and see what they can do about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your S4 wouldn't turn on thatkidghandi! I know you posted a couple days ago, but has it turned on yet? Were you able to take into a store? If its still not coming on, please try a Hard Reset: http://vz.to/14HSXQZ However, if frozen, try Alternate Method.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Viennamft

I just had the same problem and had to go to a Verizon store.  They said I was the 3rd one this week having this problem.  It was under warranty to Verizon is in the process of exchqnging it.  I BELIEVE THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THIS PHONE AND HOPE THAT SAMSUNG/VERIZON FIX IT SOON!  I wonder how may others are having the same problem. 

Amy

0 Likes
reggiecatfish

I'm having that problem now...I tried the battery trick- didn't work.  I travel for a living and my phone is my lifeline- use it for scheduling, navigation, email/web, etc.  I tried trying it on this morning prior to going thru airport security, by the time I got thru and to my gate, the phone was EXTREMELY HOT to the touch.  I had also been getting error messages the two weeks prior saying "security policies stopped" or "amazon stopped", etc.- related?

does anyone have a contact email where I can contact verizon?  going thru the website now and this was the only contact info i could find...unless you want to call!  starting to loose faith after 14 years with them....

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, there isn't an e-mail address for Customer Service; it went away over a year ago.  Your options are at the top of the page via the Contact Us button, i.e., call, chat, snail mail, or social media (or visit a Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes
reggiecatfish

Thanks tikibar1....going to try hitting a best buy and see if they can help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further, help is here reggiecatfish! We'll help get the device working and restore your confidence! If the phone is still getting extremely hot, please take the device directly to the store http://bit.ly/3SdsA with the charger. If it's no longer hot, I would recommend resetting the apps you're receiving the errors by http://vz.to/1jxmAKE

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes