Galaxy S5 Wireless Issue
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the last Android update back at the first week in April, whenever I put my phone in Hotspot mode, I have to reboot afterward in order to get my Wi-Fi to work. I've done some testing at various locations (friends' homes, hotels, client sites, etc.) to prove it is not my home wireless that is the issue. The phone connects to the Wi-Fi just fine, but cannot access the Internet for any applications. I keep getting an error that there is no Internet service. If I reboot the phone after this, then Wi-Fi is fine. Anyone else seeing this behavior? Is there a fix short of factory resetting the phone?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 Wireless Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JBHall2012

We understand that having a working phone is very important.  Let's continue to trouble shoot to make sure your phone is back to normal.  Have you attempted to put your phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1vu0e1R?  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried a number of approaches. Mode does not matter. I terminate the Hotspot, start up Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi connects to access point (AP) and gets IP address but then my Wi-Fi will not allow apps to connect to the Internet until I reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JBHall2012,

That's very odd. We definitely want your device to function and connect to WiFI properly.  We may need to perform a backup and reset as the next troubleshooting step.  You can back up your information with Verizon cloud (http://vz.to/1rVG0ux) and then reset the device in your settings; http://vz.to/1yrDMvn.

TrevorC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

As much as I'd like to do that, I just did a factory reset to clear up the Lollipop upgrade issues I had.  I just got my phone all set up after that reset and I really would like to avoid having to go through that all again.  It's very painful.  If that is the next step, then I will have to wait until the end of this month when I will have the time to do the factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JBHall2012,

I know that factory resets can be time consuming and less than convenient at times.  However, in this particular case it would be the next step in ensuring we get you connected to WiFi properly again.  We're here for support if you still have any questions once you're able to complete this next step. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes