Galaxy S5 echo problem when using a speaker phone
DP1963
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I have had my Galaxy s5, I have had echo issues when using a speaker phone.  I have tried three types of speaker phones -- Jabra, Jawbone and Logitech.  Within five minutes, the person at the other end hears an echo.  All speaker phones were new.  I had no issues with my old Samsung phone (Vibrant). 

I have had the phone replaced and I have the same problem.  I love the phone except for this issue -- which is pretty big for me because I am on a lot of conference calls.  I have to use the earphones instead and do not like being restricted with wires.

Re: Galaxy S5 echo problem when using a speaker phone
ness98
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy s5 phones as well and we are both experiencing this same issue when we use the phones built in speaker functionality (no extra headset).  It is most inconvenient and I would like to know if there is a solution.

When we switch to speaker phone while on a call the people on the other end often cannot hear us and when they speak they get a really obnoxious echo.

Plead let me know If there is a solution to this problem!

0 Likes
kdm3170
Enthusiast - Level 3
go into settings, sound, call play with the personalize call sound and noise reduction settings
0 Likes
bigdog5

The solution is to turn OFF the TalkBack app.  Look for an icon that is a big hand in orange and white.  Turn it off, the echo goes away for the other party.

0 Likes