Re: Galaxy S5 issues since Lollipop
wmpete

I upgraded my S5 to Lollipop yesterday, Feb 28. I was seeing the same issues as others with battery drain, running hot and laggy operation. Then today I started having problems with the fingerprint scanner indicating it had failed. I tried restarting, removing battery, safe mode, clearing cache, and finally performing a factory data reset. After all of that, it is still reporting that "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your phone." I have asked Verizon for help through Facebook.

0 Likes
mstailynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the warning everyone. MY s5 will remain on Kitkat as long as I can as my phone runs  fine with no widgets on any screens (I can click the app and get it about as fast anyways, with less battery drain.) and that is fine with me.

Snn5
Legend

As long as it works correctly, you dont know what you might be missing, and that's ok, cause at the end of the day....working>features.

eviltwin58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every screen is white it's driving me crazy anyone know how to change color?

Thanks

taniamc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Happy to see it's not just me having all these issues.  Hoping they fix this soon!  Is anyone else having a problem with the screen dimming down on it's own too?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Most all of these problems are known to Samsung and they need to address them now with an update.

0 Likes
city_kidd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I too had issues when I updated to the Lollipop OS and after reading countless posts here was what I did and it seems to have straightened things out a bit.

1. Clear the cache on the phone and all apps.

2. Turn off the always allow scanning and the smart network switch in the advanced wifi settings.

Other than that I haven't done anything else and I keep my screen display very bright.

Unplugged my phone from the charger at 6am this morning and with calls, texting and some web surfing it is now 1:16pm and I'm at 54%. As far as I'm concerned that's a lot better than it was a day after the update where my phone was lagging on everything and my battery had to be connected to the charger 3x a day.

The one thing I still find annoying is that where your notifications used to be in the upper left corner of the screen it now just says Verizon wireless. Is there any way to get rid of that?

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

It is strange that some are having problems with the 5.0 update.  I have the S5 and update and mine is working GREAT.  I do have games on, no problem playing. Doesn't get hot at all. Battery, from 100% and around 5 pm it's dow to about 85%. That's after making phone calls, text messaging, email, games and browsing internet. I don't have app Facebook on my phone anymore as it caused to many problems.  Some apps possibly could not be compatible now.

Also, I restrict background services on a lot of apps. Also, close out all apps 2 times a day, depending on how much I am using. Just an idea for some.  Also, disable apps you are not using or don't need.

0 Likes
eviltwin58
Enthusiast - Level 2

whats getting to me is how they changed the back ground in settings to white for me its harder ro read stuff.my phone will freeze up then I have to take the battery out this can happen 6-7 times a day.i'll also go into a program and I get it stopped running I never had that with the S 5.this Lollipop is junk

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I didn't like the white background either.  Finally traded it in for the Droid Turbo.  New learning experience, but love it.

0 Likes