Galaxy S5 random reboot
jschaefer7406

Hello all,

Bought a Galaxy S5 last week, activated it Friday night. Lollipop came in Saturday afternoon, not sure if the issues are related or not...

Issue is, it has frozen several times in the 4 days I've been using it. Once was before Lollipop, frole to the point that I had to do the power+volume trick. Had my RAZR Maxx for 2.5 years and think I only had to do that MAYBE once. Not a good feeling already...

Since the Lollipop update, it has been randomly freezing for a second, then restarting. Last two mornings it has done it during my morning break at work, while trying to text my Wife. May be the messenger+ app, may be pure coincidence. Either way, it's getting annoying. Love the phone otherwise, but have a bad feeling when a 4 day old phone is freezing this much :(.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 random reboot
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would make sure all your apps are updated, especially Message+ if you believe it to be the problem. Best to update while connected to Wi-Fi if you have a lot of updates that are needed, that way you don't use your data.

1. Click Play Store

2. Click top left hand corner (3 stacked vertical lines)

3. Click My Apps

4. Click Update All

If that doesn't work I would be hesitant to even keep that phone, especially past the 30 day return that you should have.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There is a fix on the way for the S5, but I doubt it will come before your 14 day period is over.  With the hundreds of replies on about as many threads, you might want to rethink the S5 and go with something else.  If it was at all possible to use something else (an old phone of yours or a friends) until the LG G4 or another phone comes out with Lollipop already on it, I would do that and use my upgrade later.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I didn't realize it was only 14 days. I believe you still pay a fee for returning it, even if you're just wanting to exchange it.

I personally don't have a frequent reboot problem though it has done it a handful of times during the last 12 months I've owned the S5. The LG G4 does look enticing...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There is a restocking fee, but better than paying for 2 years on service (contract) or on a phone (edge) that might continue with issues.

0 Likes