Re: Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue
Pro3d
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was NOT charged any re-stocking fees either time I replaced the unit.

0 Likes
Giummo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent VZW support these pics on twitter. they responded they werent aware of any situation. I also sent them to Samsung. Obviously upright it should read 0 degrees as the 2nd picture shows, the first picture in the landscape orientation should read 90 degrees. Another user in another forum used this app and got roughly the same measurementPhoto Apr 15, 12 01 09 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 15, 12 00 56 PM.jpg

0 Likes
jelesuis

Got my s6 edge on day one, it quit rotating on day 4 ... I can hardly wait to go back into the store - ugh!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try the one M9 I think its out.. You should be able to exchange for it..

0 Likes
laostus3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Day two first phone stop rotation, hour 3 phone 2 lost rotation, I think i will just live with it for now.  Hope this is remedied soon !!!

B33
Legend

For Owners of this Phone you might wanna Read this I don't know if it'll help anymore but Info talking, Mentioning about the issue is better than No info at all  < IF THIS IS AN INTERNAL PHONE ISSUE.! >  hopefully it is not Samsung might be forced to recall all of the Devices to make changes to make the phone Usable.. I hope the only needed is an update to fix the issue..

Here's some Info Via Droid Life..

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/15/galaxy-s6-edge-units-are-having-all-sorts-of-auto-rotate-issues...

Android17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Droid Life Bot!

ಠ_ಠ

jjpritch

I'm on phone #3 due to this issue. Once again, phone worked for a few hours then poof.... accelerometer broke, screen won't rotate. Maybe a 4th time will be the charm, or 5th, 6th, 7th ect...

0 Likes
mar51
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if the s6 has same problem?

0 Likes
Android17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got my replacement today and the accelerometer worked at first, but a few hours later it got stuck at the exact same x-coordinate. I performed factory resets on both my first device and the replacement device to no avail. This is most definitely a hardware problem. Someone else who posted on an Android forum suggested that excessive heat from fast charging breaks the accelerometer chip:

"I'm on my 3rd S6 edge. It appears that they work out of the box but if you do a fast charge (making the battery very hot), the accelerometer chip seems to break. It might be the placement of the chip in relation to the battery, or it's possible that the chip maker just had a bad batch. Not sure if Samsung is using Invensense chips or not but I'm sure this is going to be something more than a little problem for Samsung and the chip maker if the numbers grow. It's possible this is only on the edge, which would lower the problems for Samsung."

Now that I think about it, my replacement device's accelerometer stopped working after I started charging it with the fast charger. If anyone else receives a new device, try avoiding the fast charger and see if this solves the problem. I will be going back to the Verizon store for a 3rd device and will test out this theory myself. If my 3rd device still breaks, I'm going to reluctantly go for the regular S6 which doesn't seem to have this problem.

0 Likes