Re: Galaxy S6 marshmallow update, Contacts now changed/messed Up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HorseFly No doubt we want your contacts to be right. Together we will figure this out. Do you have your contacts backed up on a cloud service? If not, I recommend backing up to the Verizon Cloud http://spr.ly/6589BcNoF then do a factory reset http://spr.ly/6584BcNoA as this step can resolve any post software update issues. Make sure to disable the Automatic Restore http://spr.ly/6586BcNoC feature when processing the factory reset.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vychan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unsure how backing up my contacts (that are messes up) will fix anything.  As backing up my contacts will back them up in their current status....being messed up.

0 Likes
Vychan
Enthusiast - Level 2

On a separate note... Google has been giving my updates on Reno weather since the update..it's been a nuisance that I ignore, but my significant other had their phone update and is doing the same. We do not live in Reno, not even Nevada for that matter.

0 Likes
Drunkzombie11

I am having the same issue, ever since the Marshmallow" update, I have several contacts coming over incorrectly.  Sometimes there are multiple contacts saved under one contact, when all of them have separate #'s.  Very frustrating, not to mention the wireless disconnecting from apps.  The S6 Edge worked great until the recent update.  I really hope there is better improvements to fix the random merge of contacts and better wireless connection.  Example of one of merged contacts is pictured here.  It has Belinda on here 3 times, and its not even her that is the contact.  This has been the worst experience.Screenshot_20160412-133807.png

0 Likes
vanblar

Yep.  Happened to me also.  But I installed android 6, then factory reset my phone, then restored the contacts from Verizon cloud. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to let you organize your contacts the way you want them, Drunkzombie11. The visual is very helpful, thanks. Your contacts have been linked, and there is an easy to unlink contacts. Please visit this link for step by step instructions: http://spr.ly/6585BYDCT

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rarmbrust

Same thing...please help!

0 Likes
mommacat37
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I have the same issue, this resolution would require going through every contact and unlinking them........however......can you explain why the linked contacts show being linked through more than one phone and then when they are unlinked I get multiple entries for the same contact..........Screenshot_20160413-010604.pngScreenshot_20160413-011229.png

0 Likes
bugeaud
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the issue with my contacts after the Marshmallow update on my S6 edge. How can we fix this other than going into each contact and unlinking?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bugeaud, duplicate contacts are not fun at all. I personally, would go crazy if it was happening to me. There are a few ways of fixing this issue, depending on how you have it synced. Where do you have your contacts saved and backed up, Verizon Cloud, Google?

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes