Re: Galaxy S6 - no Data after using Network Extender?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

"ends up being".

0 Likes
BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

I think the s6 will make calls and text over WiFi network extender should not be necessary

0 Likes
Pejorative

I performed a factory reset on the device to no avail.  And I do not believe the phone will text over wifi, unless you use verizon messaging, which I have no desire to install nor use. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your device to handoff to our network without any additional efford, Pejorative. Let's keep working towards that goal. We've still got one trick up our sleeves with software repair assistant. It's more thorough than a factory reset as it loads fresh software on your device. Here's a helpful link to get you started. http://vz.to/1N6yVRy Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zoulas

I have the same phone with the network extender with the same problem. It seems that an update pushed to the phone caused this problem. I spent countless hours with Verizon tech support, to be honest, they have no clue. They sent me a new phone and new sim, same problem. I offered to send them my network extender and my old Galaxy S6 so they could troubleshoot it in their lab and they declined my offer. Not real sure why they don't take ownership of this problem. My work around is when I leave the house, I go in and out of airplane mode .

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

turn off ac 1.0 if on

0 Likes
zoulas

That's the first thing I tried and it does not solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zoulas

I know how important it is to have a great working phone. When you are connected to your network extender, what signal is showing on your device? When you leave the area of your network extender, what does the signal change to? Does it always work fine after cycling the airplane mode?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zoulas

what do you mean "what signal is showing on your device?" Do you mean signal strength? And yes, it always works when cycling to airplane mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details zoulas. Have you tried to power the Network Extender off an on? Is the software on your device up to date?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes