Re: Galaxy S6 - no Data after using Network Extender?
Rockbase
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings, No you are not the only one. I have another call with Samsung tomorrow night, so I will update on Wednesday. I hope it gets resolved and doesn't have to end up in court.

Cheers

-Rockbase-

0 Likes
Rockbase
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings, just to bring this question to the front again,

no one had issues before December (the update we believe), so all these phones worked prior to that. Now you can say, well maybe a tower went down in December,well that,s possible, however, it doesn't effect non S6 phones at the same location (We have a S5, still works great) and I would be willing to bet we do not live near each other... or even close to each other.

SOOooo I think we can put the locations issue to bed.

I'm all for continued trouble shooting, but I would be willing to bet, the cause is known.

Rockbase

0 Likes
atozmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I lost 4g today also. After reading through this thread, I realized I must have been on a network extender today while I was at a hospital. When I left I had no 4G, no maps, ect. This thread clued me into the airplane mode trick and it worked for me. I'm glad I don't work at a hospital this would be annoying to have to do daily.

0 Likes
atozmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should say that this hospital is in a large metro area with excellent coverage, just not inside massive buildings. My phone usually connects automatically to the wifi in the hospital, though I'll turn it off if I need to protect privacy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Atozmama I couldn’t agree more. However, I’m happy to learn that you figured it out. Nothing like having your 4G when you are depend on it. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance with any other issues.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rockbase,.

We never want you to be without your signal. Let’s look into the details. Do you have a Network Extender at your home? Or was this just at the hospital? Advanced calling does not work with a Network Extender. Do you know if Advanced Calling is or was turned on in your device?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

BillyG57
Contributor - Level 1

has anyone tried turning on speed booster and 4g is used at the same time as WiFi on big downloads

0 Likes
dondon11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have now done it two days in a row and this worked both days.  If i turn my phone to airplane mode before i leave the house and than cycle it back to normal in the dead zone i have around my house; the phone will pick up the network as normal when i get to the normal Verizon coveage area.    This is not really easier than just doing the airplane mode trick later after i am in the coverage area, but it seems to indicate that the issue is with our phones state after leave our home network extenders.    This just continues to indicate that the Dec Update introduced a bug into our phones that interfers with the phone picking up the data coverage after leaving a zone provided by the Network extender.  

0 Likes
Rockbase
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I am on the phone (Hold again) with Samsung repair. 14:30, They asked for 5 Bizz days, I gave them 6. Lets see what happens today. its 14:53 and they are now transferring me (twice already) to the third person, who I was supposed to talk to anyway (its in their notes), maybe a stall technique? almost 1/2 hour just to get switched to the party, and on hold again...15:24 still on hold...Ahh 15:34 and they picked up, and dropped the line, now I have to call all over again...understand, this is a typical call to Samsung... 15:57 now on with Sheryl, executive customer service again. She said they are sending out another phone, it will arrive in 10 days, I explained if its software this wont fix it but they want to try 1 more time. If this doesn't fix it... Its change to another phone, S5, S7 or a non Samsung. Call ended 16:20 pm CST. I will of course, keep you posted. BTW, she did point out the fact that ATT etc. has not reported this issue yet, it could very well be a Verizon issue, in that android software is the same for all, then goes to MFG (Samsung) and then phone company. Thoughts are if it were Samsung, other carriers would also have the issue.

- RockBase -

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

Out of curiosity.. When you guys are at home or where you use your network extender, if you go to Settings - About Phone - Status, does it say connected under mobile network state? What is listed under Mobile Network Type?

I could have sworn when I having my no data issue, my mobile network type was IWLAN. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure IWLAN means the network extender. I have verified I'm under network extender coverage by dialing #48.

Like I've said before, somehow I don't have this data problem anymore. I have data after leaving the house without turning airplane mode on/off. Now that I no longer have this issue, I notice my Mobile Network Type is always LTE, or CDMA evdo rev. a. Where I live, I am right on the edge of both LTE and 3G service, so my phone sometimes switches between LTE and 3G  (CDMA evdo rev a.) when I'm home. -119 dBm in the attached picture is a little misleading, it's usually -121 dBm through -123 dBm, which is borderline no LTE service from what I have seen.

s6.jpg

0 Likes