Re: Galaxy S6 - no Data after using Network Extender?
Murph28

I have left my house twice today and both times it switched to mobile data. I am hoping this finally fixes this problem.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

For a minute I thought there was some sort of cruel joke going on.. I've noticed a new minor bug with the update, maybe it's just a fluke. The network extender icon on my galaxy s6 comes and goes occasionally, even though I'm sitting in the same spot, 20ft away from the network extender.

I made a test call when the network extender icon disappeared, and the call was made through the network extender. So it seems like even though the icon disappears for me sometimes, I'm still connected.

0 Likes
Rockbase
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been 2.5 days, and it seems to be working.

So we were correct, it was a software problem created in December by Samsung and/or Verizon.

I'm glad its fixed, But to Verizon I say, Next time admit to the customer that there is a problem, don't make your customers upset by having them jump through hoops, spend hours on a phone, etc. Just tell them. I would also advise the ability to uninstall updates, which would be a better fix then refunding a phone that software damaged.

-Cheers-

Rockbase.