Galaxy S7 Edge constantly shows both wifi and 4GLTE lit at the same time
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife's S7 Edge constantly shows the wifi and 4G LTE icons lit in the notification bar. I assume it must be using more data although she mostly uses her phone for texting and that is unlimited. Has anyone else seen this situation?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge constantly shows both wifi and 4GLTE lit at the same time
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Does she have the mobile data turned off. My 4g lights up if I have it turned on.

Is she trying to use wifi or the data?

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having this same issue since the last Android update. Both icons are lit up and the little arrows below them turn on/off indicating that data is going through both options. It should turn off 4G when I'm connected to Wifi!

I've found that if I turn airplane mode on/off or turn the phone on/off this is corrected to having just Wifi on when it is available (4G correctly turns off). However I start to have the same issue after connecting to Wifi at my work. Connecting to Wifi at home doesn't cause the simultaneous data paths issue, but I have to cycle airplane mode on/off to get it to be just on Wifi after coming home at the end of the day. It's really weird and I've asked on the forum for help but no one has answered me.

msmaddie

I have the same problem. I can't find a solution here, so I plan on going back where I bought the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbal,  it would concern me as well if I wasn't used to both lights being lit up. I have investigated this and show that this is normal for your wife's device. I would like to speak with you more. Please check your inbox for a private message.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

just because you see the wi-fi indicator doesn't mean you're connected to wi-fi & may be using data.

DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you please post the answer to this issue on here instead of PMing one

person with the problem? I'm worried that I'm using 4G data when I'm

connected to Wifi, which I don't want. Please confirm how/why both Wifi and

4G are going at once.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:40 PM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes a mystery when it can affect their data. What software version do you currently have? Does it happen all the time, intermittent or during certain apps?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the most current version of Android (update rolled out 2 days ago).

My notes on when this happens are in a previous comment.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:51 PM, vzw_customer_support <