Galaxy S7 Messages App-Show Content not working
Spowell

I recently allowed a System Update which I had been putting off for some time (for this very reason) and now my default Messages App will not Show Content on the Lock Screen.  All of my notifications are set to allow and the Lock Screen setting is set to "Show Content".  Yet, when I receive a text it simply says "new Message".  I have rebooted my phone numerous times as well.  Is there a bug fix for this?

IDK WHY they can't leave well enough alone.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Messages App-Show Content not working
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I’m sorry to learn that your messaging application is not working as it should after a software update, Spowell. I am a consumer too, and I know how important it is to preview messages as they come in. While we do not control how your default messaging application works, I can recommend using the Verizon Wireless Message+ application and see if that works better for you.

Additionally, my resources indicate that you can use the Software Repair Assistant tool to ensure that your software was updated correctly. Please see details at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80201/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes