Galaxy S7 appears to be trying an update but looks like it failed and locked
FSEII

I dropped my phone into a puddle of clean water, unfortunately, and when I started it up something odd happened. It worked fine for a few minutes, I sent a couple of texts, and then I plugged it in to a USB attached to a computer to give it some juice. When I looked at it a few minutes later, it appeared to be dead. Charging light not on, wouldn't wake. I plugged the USB into a wall charger and it started vibrating about once a second, bzzz, bzzz, bzzz, etc. Buttons would not wake it. I replugged the charging cable a few times and then hit the power button again and now I have a cyan screen that says it is downloading, do not turn off target. In the upper left corner is the text:

FACTORY MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G930V
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
FRP LOCK: ON
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B11(2,1,1,1,1) K11 S11
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE

I wasn't trying to root it or even load an authorized update. It just...happened.

Mobile data was off, and I powered down the wi-fi it was on because I wasn't sure I should let it continue.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 appears to be trying an update but looks like it failed and locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, gosh, I am sorry to hear your phone has been dropped into a puddle of water. I have been there, I know how it can be. Since the phone has been dropped in water, it is water damaged. There is nothing that can be done, I am sorry. Do you know if you have insurance? If so, you can start a claim here: https://www.phoneclaim.com/verizon/ 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes