Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galaxy S7 appears to be trying an update but looks like it failed and locked
FSEII

I dropped my phone into a puddle of clean water, unfortunately, and when I started it up something odd happened. It worked fine for a few minutes, I sent a couple of texts, and then I plugged it in to a USB attached to a computer to give it some juice. When I looked at it a few minutes later, it appeared to be dead. Charging light not on, wouldn't wake. I plugged the USB into a wall charger and it started vibrating about once a second, bzzz, bzzz, bzzz, etc. Buttons would not wake it. I replugged the charging cable a few times and then hit the power button again and now I have a cyan screen that says it is downloading, do not turn off target. In the upper left corner is the text:

FACTORY MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G930V
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
FRP LOCK: ON
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
RP SWREV: B11(2,1,1,1,1) K11 S11
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE

I wasn't trying to root it or even load an authorized update. It just...happened.

Mobile data was off, and I powered down the wi-fi it was on because I wasn't sure I should let it continue.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 appears to be trying an update but looks like it failed and locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, gosh, I am sorry to hear your phone has been dropped into a puddle of water. I have been there, I know how it can be. Since the phone has been dropped in water, it is water damaged. There is nothing that can be done, I am sorry. Do you know if you have insurance? If so, you can start a claim here: https://www.phoneclaim.com/verizon/ 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes