Galaxy S7 deals
nathans77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will the Galaxy S7 have any deals when it's available?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 deals
dwhdroid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung is offering a free Samsung VR gear with s7 preorder. It is yet to be seen if this extends to subsidized customers, but samsung has a good track record of doing so. The batteries did get considerably better. 3000 and 3600 mah for the two diffrent models released!

If your still upset about the lack of usbc and removable battery, go buy a slim or high cap battery case that has the usbc because It charges faster through the built in wireless induction and people will sell cases that take it and then charge it wireless without blocking the mini usb! The data transefer rate increase is sort of a non issue, and it means you can still use the hundreds of mini usb chargers you own and are publically avaliable. The edge Is sporting a 5.5 inch screen which is even bigger then the note 5! ( I think its basically a note5 edge -stylus + tweaks due to the poor launch) Now that the curves on the thing are getting better I might consider one myself.

Other good news is tthat Sim cards and "IP861 Water resistance" that protects "even against dunks" are officially back!

I guess thats just their way of saying it can survive underwater but we are not going to garuntee anything against water again.

Aside from this it boasts industry bests for almost everything on the board. Sign me up for one! preorder starts feb23 for samsung and I already see a link in construction for verizon!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No one knows until when or if it happens.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Hope for a bigger battery...

dwhdroid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung is offering a free Samsung VR gear with s7 preorder. It is yet to be seen if this extends to subsidized customers, but samsung has a good track record of doing so. The batteries did get considerably better. 3000 and 3600 mah for the two diffrent models released!

If your still upset about the lack of usbc and removable battery, go buy a slim or high cap battery case that has the usbc because It charges faster through the built in wireless induction and people will sell cases that take it and then charge it wireless without blocking the mini usb! The data transefer rate increase is sort of a non issue, and it means you can still use the hundreds of mini usb chargers you own and are publically avaliable. The edge Is sporting a 5.5 inch screen which is even bigger then the note 5! ( I think its basically a note5 edge -stylus + tweaks due to the poor launch) Now that the curves on the thing are getting better I might consider one myself.

Other good news is tthat Sim cards and "IP861 Water resistance" that protects "even against dunks" are officially back!

I guess thats just their way of saying it can survive underwater but we are not going to garuntee anything against water again.

Aside from this it boasts industry bests for almost everything on the board. Sign me up for one! preorder starts feb23 for samsung and I already see a link in construction for verizon!

mama23dogs
Legend

TThe SD card is back!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nathans77, it is always exciting when a new device is launching. We want to ensure our customers are getting the best value in wireless. Since the device has yet to launch, we do not have information regarding deals and such. However, you can register for our Email updates to stay on top of what's offered. http://bit.ly/dDumph

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got an email today about the S7 pre-order and free Gear S2 - so it's a go on pre-order.  The free Gear isn't shipped till 4-6 weeks after verification of claim, so it'll be awhile before anyone sees the watch.

Samsung Galaxy S7.png

TREYCE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before you pre-order expecting to get a free Gear S2 you might want to check into it a little more.  The fine print explains you must go to another site for Samsung promos to claim, however there is no free S2 actually being offered on the site.

Tidbits
Legend

You have to do that with the VR and stuff too.  This is the same thing that LG did for their promos.

Tidbits
Legend

honestly I would rather have the watch over the VR