Galaxy S7 update (September 2017) & BlueBorne
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

I see that NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4 was pushed out to Verizon Galaxy S7 customers. I downloaded and installed fully expecting to see the security patch level bumped to September 1, 2017. That didn't happen. AFAIK in order to resolve the vulnerabilities that are involved in BlueBorne the September 1 patch level is required. Can Verizon please provide some feedback on this?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 update (September 2017) & BlueBorne
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

In response to myself, even though the security patch level was not bumped to September 1, 2017 it does appear that the BlueBorn vulnerabilities were patched possibly via the newer kernel version? According to the BlueBorne scanner app by Armis my device is no longer vulnerable. The app can be found in the Play Store.

Re: Galaxy S7 update (September 2017) & BlueBorne
kincaed
Contributor - Level 2

For reference this is why I am confused: https://www.armis.com/blueborne/ :

Google has issued a security update patch and notified its partners. It was available to Android partners on August 7th, 2017, and made available as part of the September Security Update and Bulletin on September 4, 2017. We recommend that users check that Bulletin for the latest most accurate information. Android users should verify that they have the September 9, 2017 Security Patch Level,

Note to Android users: To check if your device is at risk or is the devices around you are at risk, download the Armis BlueBorne Scanner App on Google Play.