Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,202 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Galaxy S7 won't search for software updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OBU, I hope you're able to get some answers soon. If for any reason you're still not getting the answers that you're looking for, please let us know.

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup. The Verizon guy told her to go to Best Buy

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I go to "Settings", "Software Updates" (or it might be Check for software updates) I instantly get a message stating "Service unavailable at this time". No other options offered.

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Melissap,

Plenty of storage space available on the device - around 6Gb and greater than 100 gigs on the installed microSD card. I don't think there are any other apps acting up except fast charging can be intermittent. We have not attempted Software Update in Safe Mode. How do I do that?

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, Everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone for trying to help. No resolution yet but still have a couple more things to try. I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did you read the 1st post..."This service is unavailable at this time".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, OBU. It's our goal to ensure that your phone issue is fully resolved. Did you have the opportunity to find more answers regarding the software update issue on your phone? We're here when you need us.

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OBU
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok.  Problem solved!  Well, at least for now.  "SmartSwitch" is the cure.  I think I learned about it on a Samsung forum.  Bottom line is I connected the phone to a PC running SmartSwitch and in the center of the window, on the pc, where the phone information would normally show up was a message stating there was a system software update available with a button to click on to perform the update.  I clicked on the button and the update began to download.  It wasn't a seamless process partially due to me being unfamiliar with the procedures but the end result was Oreo installed and functioning.  Thank you to everyone who tried to help me out.  I may have given up without the options offered here and elsewhere.