Galaxy S8+ - Notification sounds - no new notifications displayed
msjenny

I keep getting notification sounds and there are no new messages, texts or anything else that shows. These notifications are frequent. How do I correct this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8+ - Notification sounds - no new notifications displayed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to be sure your notifications are functioning the way they should msjenny. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. When did this issue begin? Are there any notification messages showing on the phone when there is a sound? If so, what do the messages show?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msjenny

The issue started about 3 days ago. There are no visual notifications

showing on the phone when there is a notification sound....now there will

be visual notifications with texts and emails when they arrive....but I

will hear a notification sound and there will be no visual representation

of same.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Msjenny, we want this issue resolved ASAP.  What type of phone do you have?  Has the phone had any recent changes (apps added, software updates, etc.) within the last few weeks?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msjenny

It's a galaxy S8+ and I've had it less than a month. They copied all my

apps from my Note 4..it just started about a week ago making the "extra"

notification sounds.

On Jul 29, 2017 5:25 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Msjenny, you’ve supplied us with some helpful information. Please try to check the alerts/notification settings: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211007/  Is everything set up correctly? Any new apps downloaded to your phone? Is your software up to date? If you’re unsure, please check here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210995/   Keep us posted on the outcome.

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have just one Email address added to your phone, or, multiple addresses? If multiple, is the phone showing the mail in all inboxes, or, one specific inbox?

0 Likes