Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,444 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: Galaxy S8- WIFI calling randomly turning off
ASHLEYSMOM407
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response, that was one of the first things I checked. The phone is all up to date. To make matters worse, my daughter's Samsung S7 is now doing the same thing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that the Wi-Fi calling stays on is very important and we do want to make sure everything is working properly, ASHLEYSMOM407.  If you have completed all of the steps in the thread and none have worked, the last step that we can recommend would be a factory data reset: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211113/.  We did have this issue lifted up to our device team and are waiting on additional information from them. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Arillious

Hello,

Jumping on the bandwagon. We just moved to an area with minimal/no coverage and I need to be able to use my phone for work, but the Wi-Fi calling randomly turns off. Then asks me to turn it back on. It got to the point of happening every 30 seconds or so, so i disabled to notification sound. I have dropped countless calls due to the Wi-Fi calling turning off mid call. Factory reset did nothing. I have also been having this issue since the last update in June.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to depend on Wi-Fi calling, Arillious. Do you know whether your ability to connect to Wi-Fi calling is influenced by your proximity to the router? Are you having trouble maintaining your Wi-Fi connection when you are in the same room as your Wi-Fi router?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Arillious

I could be a foot from the router or any other room in the house, it

happens constantly.

No problems with WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Arillious. Let's continue to dig into this. Have you tested another WiFi network to see if you experience the same issues? What is the make and model of your phone?

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes