Galaxy S8+ issues. Voice sound described as "Wah, wah,wah." Help!
RONWAG43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxe S8+ issues.  Intermittent. Mid sentence, sound becomes garbled. When my party is asked to describe my voice, they respond with a "Wah, wah, wah, wah" response. Unintelligible garbage.  Help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8+ issues. Voice sound described as "Wah, wah,wah." Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RONWAG43,

I'm so sorry to learn of any issues with your Galaxy s8+, and I'd love to help. You mentioned that the issue was intermittent, but do you notice any pattern with this at all (for example, in a specific location)? How long has this beein going on?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RONWAG43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Intermittent. Normally it occurs at my home, but most of my calls are made from my home.  It has also occurred as Iam driving in the area.  I purchased a BlueTooth earpiece, thinking it was the speaker in the phone, and it still occurred.

The best example of the distortion is a dated example of a 78 RPM record being played at a 45 RPM rate.  I have just received a replacement phone and have turned off Advanced Calling.  I'll report back but I have no confidence this will solve the issue since I have turned off Advanced Calling in the past...with no improvement.

Thanks for your reply.

Nov 16, 2017. I have received a replacement Samsung S8+, have uploaded all data from my replaced phone.  Have set Advanced Calling to OFF.

My first day with this new phone and my first caller had problems hearing me !!  When they complained, I waited 5-6 seconds and they are able to hear me. I don't think it is the phone...it is VERIZON signal !!  It is embarrassing to have an important business client think that I have inferior phone service!!!

This incident occurred at my home office.  Is there a signal booster for Verizon?

Frustrated.

Thx

Ron [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service .

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working phone and service for your device issues. What zip code do you live in? Are there others in the area experiencing the same issues? Does this occur in other areas as well?

0 Likes
RONWAG43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am located in 85248 in my home office. Today, Nov. 17, I traveled about 10 miles away to ZIP 85286.  Today is Day 2 with my new replacement Samsung S8+.

I received a call from a client.  After a short greeting, my client says...."I can't hear you!"..the sounds became muffled for 5-10 seconds and then we were able to finish our conversation without fail...same failure....different location. What is going on?  I upgraded (?) to a Samsung S8+ from a Samsung Note 4.

Is there anyway to trade down to something that works....possibly a Note 4, or even a flip phone? or is there a signal booster for my S8+?  Help.

Frustrated.

Ron

0 Likes