Galaxy S8 mobile data not working when on phone call?
redf1reant
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received the Galaxy S8 to replace my S5. When I am on the phone, I am unable to receive mobile data.  i.e.; Apps won't work while I am on a call.  I get a pop up display that says I won't be able to receive mobile data while I am on the phone.  The cell bars gray out and all of my apps stop working.  I turned on advanced calling in settings, but it is still not working.  My S5 had no problem doing this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S8 mobile data not working when on phone call?
redf1reant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to call in and they reset my service from Verizon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new S8, redf1reant! Other than this issue with data while on calls, I hope you're absolutely loving it.

However, being able to have data working while you're on the phone is also important. When you had the S5, did we troubleshoot this? What was the outcome? Do you know if your account is provisioned for HD Calling/ Advanced Calling? I know you updated this on your phone, but I'm curious if it's provisioned correctly on your account. Also, please try restarting your phone after you turn this feature on, and keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
redf1reant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to call in and they reset my service from Verizon. 

0 Likes
RobinGC

On my galaxy s5, I was able to receive picture messages, use phone as a mobile hot spot and look up on iternet, while I was on the phone. On my new galaxy s8+ , I am getting a message stating mobile data not available while I am on the phone.   How can this be remedied?

HD calling is on my Verizon account and is turned on on my s8+.  I have also restarted Mt phone.  If I need to call in to get this corrected, where do I call?

0 Likes
redf1reant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called the main tech support number.

1 (800) 922-0204

0 Likes