Galaxy S8 oreo update random notifications
KRIRAU97

After latest update, my Galaxy S8 is giving notification sounds/vibration as if I am getting a notification, but nothing appears on screen or as number badge in any app.  Previously I would get a icon pop up on my homescreen/drop down notification....now my phone gives sound/vibration but no idea where to look for what it is alerting me for.  Happens very randomly, all hours of the day and night and sometimes as if multiple notifications at once as the sound/vibrations are doubled/tripled. 

I am not getting the notifications that I am allowing in the setting page; when I go into selected apps, I am seeing I do have notifications that are not appearing visually on home page as Icon or as a badge anywhere.  It was working perfectly before this update....why fix what is not broken?  Very frustrating and disappointing Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 oreo update random notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRIRAU97, the last thing we would ever want is to disappoint you. Installing the latest software will make your device and applications run better. Receiving random notifications and not being able to see where they are coming from is undoubtedly a pain we don't want you to have. After the Oreo update, your notifications will appear as a White dot on top of the application icons you have on your device. Do you see a White dots on top of your application icons? If you do tapping and holding on them lets you preview the most recent notification’s content, and in some cases take action on it. To see what else changed with the Oreo software, please use this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s8-update/

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jfguerra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously???? This apparently is now a known problem! This isn't about knowing how the notifications are being done. They are NOT being done consistently or at all!

Cdeldridge

Can we please get a workaround or fix for this? I've had to have my phone on silent for the past 10 days. My wife is having the same problem. We get constant notification sounds, yet no notification popups. Literally hundreds of "false" notifications going off throughout the day and night. This is a known problem and we're still waiting to get any confirmation that it's even a problem from Google or Verizon.

0 Likes
SEXY296

I am having issues having notifications show up at all. I have had several Voice message left and no notification of them ever coming through. It is really frustrating when things were great before this update, couldn't you have  just added the extra features without taking things away. This is where people change devices, because of stupid updates like this one.

If you have new notifications then they should automatically stay up on your home screen until they are gone and not have a swipe get rid of them all the way.

Please fix this feature...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you be able to enjoy the normal functions of your device. What model is your phone? Are you using the Visual Voice Mail service or do you use the automated voice system?

0 Likes
jfguerra
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has NOTHING to do with voice mail. Please read entire thread carefully.

After the Oreo update ALL the badges for ANY messaging platform (e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, email, gmail, etc.) do not show the number of messages pending. If I view the app icon it shows NO messages pending (see first image below) but when I go INSIDE the app it shows there are new messages (see second image below).

This happens for ALL apps that have some type of messaging as I mentioned at the beginning of this email. And obviously I cannot be going into each app to see if I have messages. The purpose of the badges was to make us aware if we have any new messages/notifications.

This is unacceptable!

Attachment I.jpg

Attachment II.jpg

0 Likes
1scottrun

Same phone and same problems. Additional problems are intermittent no notification sounds for Verizon messages, and text message led used to be green and now it's blue.

Intermittent vibrating is getting old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jFguerra I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes