Galaxy SIII random shut off and low battery life
car0030

I upgraded in July to this phone from a Droid Charge which historically had battery issues, this phone is not   better.  I am also on my second replacment phone due the the random shut off issues I am having. I just received a new phone two days ago and already it has shut off at least 8 times, when I set it down on the table, put it in my purse or when I touch the home buttonl.  I have changed batteries and reinstalled fewer apps than on the old one, but nothing has stopped the random turn off. I am so disappointed with this device. If someone can give me some suggestions as to what might be wrong it would appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy SIII random shut off and low battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi car0030,

That indeed sounds alarming! I actually have the same device and have never noticed this issue. When it comes to devices, generally it is very uncommon for two or more devices to have the exact same problem. We would be delighted to look further into this. Have you taken the device into your local VZW Store for a hands on evaluation? Your nearest store can be located by visiting http://bit.ly/3SdsA. Also, have you attempted to place the device in Safe Mode for a few hours? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
car0030

I have been to the verizon store, that is when they replaced my phone.

However I have calmed down some because the phone it no longer shutting

off. It was the case not holding the battery in tight enough that is why

the replacment was shutting off. That was not the case on the original

however, I do not know what the issue was but I did read on the Samsung and

Verizon blogs that this phone is known to do that.

However my only concern at this point is the battery life. The store

personnel did give me several ways to save my battery life, by turning off

wifi during the day at work, adjusting the brightness. He also showed me a

small battery pack to purchase but I had already purchased one for my droid

charge. Unfortunataly, the battery life in my SIII is not any better than

the droid charge.

Thank you for the response.

The new issue I have now is the charging port does not want to accept my

chargers. Both are verizon products as is my phone charger.

Again thank you for your response

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

car0030,

That's as valid a concern as any. And while we're ecstatic to know your phone is no longer power cycling, let's talk about your battery. Now, you have been advised properly on battery saving tips with Wi-Fi and screen brightness, but another step you can take it to enable Power Saving Mode. To enable, please go to settings > Power Saving Mode (you can also adjust settings as needed).

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tandlwest555

Please remove me grom your mailing list.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

you need to logon to the community and change your communications preferences.

0 Likes
nrvdamage

I am having the same problem. Funny I upgraded from a Charge also.  My phone  only stays on if it is plugged in.  I took it into a Verizon store over the weekend and as the guy is messing with it it turns off.  (This is after I explained the problem to him).  He looks at me with a surprised look on his face and says " it just turned off. Wow this phone is messed up you need to call support".

I received the new  phone minus sim card, battery and back plate yesterday I got everything working only to find out it shuts down when not plugged in.  So now I'm  thinking it has to be the battery,.  my phone is in an Otter box so I can't see the back plate not holding the battery in place.. 

I will try the store where I bought the phone today maybe they can figure something out.  a mobile phone isn't  much good if you can't unplug it.

0 Likes