Galaxy s10 notifications
brundog

No notifications? What are we suppose ot carry the phone around all day and keep pressing the button to see if we got a message? The edge lights don't work either? Been on for hours with Samsung and Verizon reps with no answers. What are people doing about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s10 notifications
bearone21
Legend

settings/notifications, select which apps you want notifications from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that having trouble with your device notifications and the edge light can be alarming. We value your time and want to help as much as possible. When did you start having trouble with your device? Have you made any changes recently? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Johnwshaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone received a legitimate answer in reference to notifications (specifically text messages) and whether or not we're expected to open the app 700 times a day to check OR is there a setting to somehow be able to visually see that you have a message ?  Anyone ?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use all your device features. With the Galaxy S10 you may need to have multiple settings active to get this feature working. Please make sure to select Show Edge Lighting at Awlays on. The applicaitons you are trying to use this with must also be able to have the capability to wake the screen up and/or provide full form notifications; pop-up notificaiton, if supported, must be turned on. This could all be due to the third party app not working with non-standard notifications mechanism. Let us know if all settings are on, or if any of these steps work for you.

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
nadacow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you using the stock messaging or a 3rd party app? I use handcent

and they support edge lighting. You will have to go into settings/display/edge screen

and turn on your edge lighting. Then click on edge lighting and make sure your settings

are to always show edge lighting, and go to manage notifications and make sure the 

applications you want are on. The only wan to see if you have messages is to have

your always on display on. There is no continous flashing light like the older phones, which

is unfortunate. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
viiofvii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize that I'm replying to an old thread, but the app is Verizon's Message+ app. I have a S10, Model #SM-G973U. I am running Android 10.  Edge lighting is currently set to Always on. Since the update, it has been intermittant in notifying of messages. If the screen is not locked, I get the whole effect.  Is there a way for this to work all the time? I have contact Samsung, they told me that it is a 3rd party software issue and to contact Verizon. 

I had stopped using their stock software, Messages,  as you can no longer assign notification tones to individuals, unless you do not delete messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have reached the right person to help you viiofvii. I am sure we will get your notifications working again. You did mention that when your phone is locked you get this effect. Can you please elaborate on what effect you are talking about? Please tell me more.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
viiofvii
Enthusiast - Level 2

The effect that I'm talking about is Edge lighting.  The Edge lighting works fine if the screen is NOT locked . I can even get lighting with emails. But if the phone is locked, I get no lighting at all from the Edge lighting since the Android 10 update. 

I do not like to use 3rd party apps and feel that I should not have to. I truly like Edge lighting and Verizon Plus messaging with the previously mentioned ability to assign customized text tones to individual contacta.

I hope that you can assist.  Thank you for your help and prompt reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

viiofvii, I can certainly understand your concerns. We would recommend reaching out to our app developers to provide your feedback. When you visit your App Store, go to Message+ and you can provide feedback that way. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes