Galaxy s10e - some incoming calls go directly to voicemail
terryh14

Had an iphone 7, 4 years old.  Some incoming calls would ring, and some would go straight to voicemail and never show up on the call log.  I figured it was time to replace the phone, so I got an unlocked Galaxy s10e from BestBuy along with a verizon sim card.  Got the phone set up and seemed to work properly.  After a few days, the same problem began with the new phone.  Some incoming calls go through properly, some roll to voicemail after 1 ring (and don't appear in the recent calls list), and some don't even roll to voicemail (and don't appear in the recent calls list). 

In one case, the incoming call rolled to voicemail immediately, the caller texted me to let me know, and then tried the call again.  This time, the incoming call worked.

It's really a problem since I don't know which calls are not coming through unless someone leave a voicemail (if they can) or texts me to let me know.

Texts work fine; outgoing calls work fine.  Problem is with incoming calls.

No call blocking or call forwarding in place.  Do not Disturb is not in effect.  Sound is on.

I do have wifi calling enabled since our cell signal isn't the best at our home.

Interesting that the problem occurs with both an iphone and an android.  And the other android phone in the household (Galaxy s7) not having the problem at all.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s10e - some incoming calls go directly to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with receiving calls, terryh14. I know how important it is to be able to receive important calls. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate the helpful information you provided us. Let's look into this further and get additional details. Does this happen with multiple contacts or a specific contact?

Also, please reset the device settings using the steps on this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223003 Then please have a friend or family member call you and let me know if the call is successful. Keep me updated on your progress.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
terryh14

The problem occurs with multiple contacts.  Seems to be random... sometimes a call from a specific contact will ring properly, sometimes it will go straight to voicemail.

I really don't think it's a device problem since the problem occurred with both an old iphone and a new android.

Anyway, I followed all the troubleshooting steps listed in other posts (this seems to be a common problem) and ultimately I did a factory data reset.

I have not reloaded any apps yet.

I would like to use wifi calling since my cell signal is so poor, but I have not turned that on yet, since I wonder if that was the problem.  Phone seems to be working for now.  

I'll try installing the apps I really need, watching the phone's behavior after each app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to be able to get all of your calls. Please let us know how the phone works after adding your apps. 

Also, hearing that you have a lack of signal could point to an issue with the phone just not being connected at the time of the call. Does this issue happen only when indoors? 

One more thing to try is to make sure Call Forwarding is not turned on for your line. This would forward calls to a different number when someone calls you. Your statement that someone called you and the call did not go to your actual voicemail service would point to this possibly being the cause. Please dial *73 from your phone, the call will beep and then hand up.

Afterwards have someone call you to test your line.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes