Galaxy s3 battery
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

I have the gs3 for about 1 year now. I use it often so I understand why I have to charge it 2-3 times per day. Does anyone know when I may have to replace the battery? I'm sure it will be when I can't charge it anymore. Can I know when the battery is dieing when the battery amp hours or something are dropping. I read this somewhere. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s3 battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wanttofish - Let's make sure you have power when you are out on the boat with your line in the water! Most manufacturers specify the life of a battery is 300 to 500 charge cycles at 100% capacity, meaning it will be at its at the beginning of its lifetime. A charge cycle is each time it is connected to the charger. After that the battery life or capacity will decrease incrementally. There are a variety of other environmental and hardware factors are involved in the overall life of a battery as well. The manufacturer warranties a battery for 1 year from the time of purchase. Check out http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/standard-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/ for replacement options.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s3 battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wanttofish - Let's make sure you have power when you are out on the boat with your line in the water! Most manufacturers specify the life of a battery is 300 to 500 charge cycles at 100% capacity, meaning it will be at its at the beginning of its lifetime. A charge cycle is each time it is connected to the charger. After that the battery life or capacity will decrease incrementally. There are a variety of other environmental and hardware factors are involved in the overall life of a battery as well. The manufacturer warranties a battery for 1 year from the time of purchase. Check out http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/standard-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/ for replacement options.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes