Galaxy s5
Cooley83

Anyone know why my phone will not charge and says I need to use the original cable? I have the original ac plug for the cable but had to get an aftermarket cable.

It doesn't do it all the time and has been working fine for a few months. It did it with all the original cable and plug once also

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cooley83, We never want you to go without having your phone charged. This is a message related to the software on the phone. This message should not impact the phone's charging ability. Is your phone not charging?
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cooley83

It started working all of the sudden. It was kicking out saying it wouldn't charge for risk of damage to the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome. I’m happy to see that all is back to normal and it is working now. Keep us in mind and remember that we also offer support via Social Media on Twitter at twitter.com/VZWSupport and Facebook at fb.me/Verizon
Additionally, we have great online support at vzw.com/Support

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes