Galaxy s8 Phone app won't come up in Do Not Disturb Mode
Jthomas21
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the security patch uptdate a couple of days ago, the screen remains blank when I recieve an incoming call and Do Not Disturb is turned on.  Present software version os G950USQ6DSG7.  Software version is 9.

I have to unlock phone, pull down the notification screen and pick the call from this section. 

How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s8 Phone app won't come up in Do Not Disturb Mode
bearone21
Legend

unless you select the number in exceptions, it won't ring.....that's what doze is all about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jthomas21, it's important to us that you're able to see your incoming calls as needed. We welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. You mentioned that this only occurs in Do Not Disturb mode. Can you also advise if the issue occurs whether the screen is locked and/or unlocked at the time of the incoming call? If you go into Settings>Notifications>Do not disturb>Hide notifications, do you have the Hide all option enabled with Don't turn on Screen? If so, do calls appear once turning that option off. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

unlocked, wouldn't that mean you'd need to stay up & be on the phone during the dnd period?

0 Likes