Galaxy s8+ talk to text
RalphG1983

Does anyone know how to fix the talk to text feature when a Bluetooth headset device is connected? Currently unable to use the feature and I'm a truck driver, I can't and won't have a phone in my hand to text. I've always used my Bluetooth headset to do talk to text but the s8+ it will not work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s8+ talk to text
spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to use “Voice To Text” in message plus

When using message + to send a message, after bringing up the keyboard, tapping the microphone, I am presented with 2 dialog boxes.  One in the background, from Samsung voice input/Bixby Dictation. The second dialog box is in the foreground. It says “Tap To Talk”, and although you can tap it and it says “TALK”, it does not respond to my voice. The reason for this is that the Samsung dialog box is waiting for me to press one of two buttons, “CANCEL” or “Accept”. However, these buttons are covered by the “Tap To Talk” dialog box. The only way I have gotten around this is to go to Settings/Language and input/On-screen keyboard/manage keyboards  and turn off “Samsung voice input”. Make sure “Google voice typing” is turned on. Message plus will now work using the Google voice to text system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee
RalphG1983 We certainly don't want you to take your hands off that wheel either. Let's keep you safe and figure out what is going on. Let's start our trouble shooting. When did this start? May we have your Zip Code? Does it happen everywhere, indoors?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RalphG1983

I noticed it on May 5th and it's only if I use the Verizon messaging app. If I use the regular text messaging app I'm able to do the talk to text through my Bluetooth device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RalphG1983, thank you for the details. What model headphones are you trying to connect to?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to use “Voice To Text” in message plus

When using message + to send a message, after bringing up the keyboard, tapping the microphone, I am presented with 2 dialog boxes.  One in the background, from Samsung voice input/Bixby Dictation. The second dialog box is in the foreground. It says “Tap To Talk”, and although you can tap it and it says “TALK”, it does not respond to my voice. The reason for this is that the Samsung dialog box is waiting for me to press one of two buttons, “CANCEL” or “Accept”. However, these buttons are covered by the “Tap To Talk” dialog box. The only way I have gotten around this is to go to Settings/Language and input/On-screen keyboard/manage keyboards  and turn off “Samsung voice input”. Make sure “Google voice typing” is turned on. Message plus will now work using the Google voice to text system.

0 Likes
spector58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: this fix may only last as little as 24 hours, usually less. The S8 keeps reverting back to Samsung voice. After several, painful hours on the phone with Verizon, and then they switched me to Samsung support. After yet another 2 hours on the phone with them, they decided it could not be fixed. Their only response was, "there is an up date coming in the spring". Now I'm not about to hang on to a phone on the promise that it will be fixed..We have all heard way to many of these "Promises". The other issue is the edge display. Half the time when your holding the phone, your fingers touch the edge display keeping it from picking up other touches. When I spoke to Verizon about these issues, they did not care. They said, "We do not make the phones". Last i checked, their name is on the phone and the bill comes from Verizon. After all my frustrations, I took the phone back, and went back to my LG G4. Verizon currently has nothing worth getting. The LG G6 is a down grade. Lower resolution camera, fewer processors then my 2 year old G4. Very unhappy with Verizon and their attitude. I've been a customer for 23+ years and now I'm looking into ATT. They will at least give me $25/month off my direct tv bill....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spector58 we do not want to lose you. Your loyalty means the world to us. We want to make sure you are satisfied with your device. So that we can take a closer look, I have sent you a Private Message.

0 Likes
VANBAK62

I also would like to know how. 

Having the same issue

0 Likes