Galaxy s8 won't charge
Paxton_dubois

Recently my s8+ plus has been getting the notificationthat moisture was detected and won't charge. I can assure you there is no moisture. I turned it off and it charged while powered down. Now, it won't even charge while powered off. I really don't want to get a new phone but will if needed. Any advice ?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s8 won't charge
deloused
Master - Level 3

If it’s still covered under the warranty your S8+ could be replaced by Verizon, or repaired or replaced by Samsung in case of a problem with the charging port. A cell phone repair shop or Samsung could also provide repair options if the warranty has expired

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If your s8 plus is still under one year warranty and has not been in contact with any moisture or damage can be replaced by Verizon Wireless or Samsung. If the device is out of warranty you can look into repair options with the link provided. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paxton_dubois, being able to charge and use your device is very important to keep you connected. We are here to work toward a resolution to ensure you have a working phone. Please ensure there is not any debris in the charging port and use the steps on the following web page http://spr.ly/6581DwgHX to ensure the liquid damage indicator on the phone has not changed colors. We would like to start by gathering a few more details before we proceed. Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Does the charging port appear normal? Do you recall installing any new apps around the time this started?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHELE99

I'm having the same issue as of yesterday. Never exposed to water.  It just started giving this error message on its own when I plugged in a USB cable from the car.  I also live in a warm client, (Cali). I need some of solution to this. Seems many people are having the same issue with this phone. Does Samsung have a fix for it?

0 Likes