Gallery Problem and Dropbox
Power2g
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to have my Dropbox photos display in the Gallery on the Samsung Galaxy S4.  However, the option is not available in the Gallery under the menu item Content to Display. 

Under settings on the Account tab I select Dropbox but the sync option is grayed out and not able to be selected.  I have uninstalled and re-installed drop box.  I have deleted cache and data for gallery however there still isn't an option for Dropbox in the menu item content to display in Gallery;  The only choices are device, Facebook,and Picasa.  Also, I do not have a cloud option in settings under account (other posts have alluded to the Cloud option).

I did a hard reset and nothing has changed.

Anyone else have this issue who uses Dropbox?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Curt

0 Likes
Re: Gallery Problem and Dropbox
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, I don't use Dropbox so I can't help you there. I can confirm that your choices for type of accounts to display are the same as mine on the S4 I use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Power2G,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand the importance of being able to utilize all applications on your phone. Unfortunately the option you are trying to do is not available. The only option to sync photos directly are the google related items (picasa, google ) or the standard gallery. You can set up your dropbox to sync all photos taken, but it will only stay in the dropbox application. What you are looking to do is a great suggestion to provide to the delevoper. Let us know if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follw us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
XTY

Why???  It appears from earlier posts on the internet that this was a feature that was available until recently and now it is not.  WHY?  Particularly since Verizon bundles Dropbox as an app on the phone when you open the box.  Why offer the app and then not allow the phone to communicate with it????

0 Likes
ClwnMan76

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I just switched from the exact phone with T-Mobile where I have it synced no problem to Verizon where it won't do it. I have both phones in my hand and can't figure it out. The only difference I see is that when you install dropbox on the T-Mobile phone, under accounts, it shows up in the "cloud" area. If you add an account on Verizon and click on "cloud" (seeing if that would work) the cloud is the Verizon cloud.

0 Likes