Gallery freezing
ba6yd1n0

I have only had my phone since the end of December and it has recently started to freeze whenever I open the Gallery to view photos. I will open the gallery, it will start populate and then will stop. I can't get out of the application, close it or do anything. I can turn the screen off but it is still there when I turn it back on. After a few minutes I will get a message that says the application is not responding and asks if I want to force it closed. I have a 4GB microSD card that is installed but I have 9 GB free on my internal memory plus 2 GB on my SD. I have tried clearing the cache for the application and the gallery worked well for a day or so and then started freezing again. Any ideas how to fix this?

I also have a hard time sending picture messages, no matter the picture size. I just tried it with the wifi turned off and it worked but that's rare.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

0 Likes
Re: Gallery freezing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ba6yd1n0- We're sorry to hear that the gallery and pictures are not functioning properly. What device do you have?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ba6yd1n0

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ba6yd1no
Thanks for replying. I want to see if an app is causing these issues. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/83084/
If the issue persists. Please power down remove and reinsert the sim and retest.

I look forward to your reply
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ba6yd1n0

I did as you asked and the gallery still freezes.

Also why can I only successfully send a picture message if my wifi is turned off? Mobile data is enabled...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ba6yd1n0 wrote:

I did as you asked and the gallery still freezes.

Also why can I only successfully send a picture message if my wifi is turned off? Mobile data is enabled...

Picture messages will only send through the cellular network connection. In the wifi advanced settings there is an option for "Auto Switch" to switch between wifi and cellular data if you have both enabled.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the insight, ba6yd1n0. May I ask are you using the same SD card that you used in a previous device? Does the issue occur when you remove the SD card?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes