Getting error message: problem establishing player service.
frog0568

About a week ago, I started getting a message flash at the bottom of my screen: problem establishing player service.  Everytime it appears, I am doing something different.  Does anyone know if this is associated with an app or a phone issue?

0 Likes
Re: Getting error message: problem establishing player service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frog0568,

This certainly is concerning. We are here to help in any way that we can. What make/model phone do you have? Please share. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
frog0568

I have the Galaxy S 5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi frog0568!

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mathteacher09

I too am constantly receiving that error message.  I have a Motorola Ultra.  I have only downloaded 2 news apps lately, but have since deleted them both.  Still getting the message.  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mathteacher09,

We want this error message to stop. Is there any particular thing you are processing when this error comes up? How long have you had this pop up? What software version is your device on http://vz.to/1xn0P64 ?

0 Likes
mathteacher09

It has been popping up for a little over a week... Closer to 2 weeks maybe.  It happens at random times.  Happens more often when I am going on Facebook.  My phone is currently running the 24.3.7_obake_Verizon .... The error message also occasionally pops up when I go into my email.  Thank you for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mathteacher09 thank you for the information and follow up! What apps do you use most often. Lets clear out the cache http://vz.to/1FXu5UK on any apps that you use and restart your phone again. Do you still get the error?

If so we may want to take downloaded apps out of the equation entirely by starting and running the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/1B8L5W2 for a while.
Once you have tried these things please keep us posted on the progress. Thanks in advance!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Treesy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having this problem.  I'm on a Droid Turbo. How do I even find out what app is causing this error?

0 Likes
mathteacher09

Okay.  I've cleared the cache, and it's actually popping up more frequently now.  Shows up most often when I'm checking my Gmail and on Facebook.  More so on Gmail than Facebook.  I haven't tried the safe mode yet, I want to make sure that I won't lose anything on my phone by doing that. 

Thanks for your help.  I hope we can get this resolved.  Should I just take it to a Verizon store that has technical support?

0 Likes