Getting "Unfortunately Google Search has stopped" error msg on GS4 mini
saluki6589
Enthusiast - Level 2

Getting "Unfortunately Google Search has stopped" error msg on GS4 mini. Anyone else having this issue? GS4 mini is 2 days old, running 4.2.2. Happens on both wifi and mobile. Have rebooted phone, forced stop, cleared app cache, turned on/off app and nothing worked. Error is not intermittent, occurs every time with either voice or text entered search command. Any ideas appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting "Unfortunately Google Search has stopped" error msg on GS4 mini
saluki6589
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update I am talking about is the Google search update that appeared when Removed/Reinstalled my sim and restarted the phone. Google search works now, I am supposing due to installing the following Google Search update Version 3.1.24.941712.arm. I would suggest also to remove/reinstall your sim if you haven't tried that already.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
clm271

I have the same phone, a couple of weeks old.  Voice searched worked fine until I updated with the latest software Verizon notified me was available.  After that it stopped working.  I have yet to contact them but I'm 99% sure that the software update broke it.

0 Likes
clm271

the update that broke it was update_SCH-I435_MJ1_to_MK5  which I applied at 11:40 am 12/17/2013.  They probably updated your phone at the store so you always had this update.  See what update you have to test out my theory.

0 Likes
saluki6589
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks clm. You are correct. The update was broken. I activated at home and no update was available upon activation. Yesterday I removed/replaced sim and restarted phone and the correct update installed. Fixed the issue.

0 Likes
clm271

Wait!!  Now I'm confused.  What update fixed the problem?  The one in my post was the one that broke it and I'm still broken.  I looked for another update but my phone said it was up to date.  What update do you currently have that is working on your phone?

0 Likes
saluki6589
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update I am talking about is the Google search update that appeared when Removed/Reinstalled my sim and restarted the phone. Google search works now, I am supposing due to installing the following Google Search update Version 3.1.24.941712.arm. I would suggest also to remove/reinstall your sim if you haven't tried that already.

0 Likes
saluki6589
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to let you know my GS4 mini software update version is same as yours...SCH_I435_MJI_to_MK5. This version was on my phone when activated (and Google Search did not work). The remove sim/reinstall sim seemed to jog the app updates and the new Google Search update version I mentioned showed up. Installed it and every AOk now.

0 Likes