Global data not working on Samsung S9
MCHELGA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm traveling internationally and my data services are only working using wifi. I've checked my settings and network is set to global and data roaming access is set for all trips. Is there something I'm missing?

0 Likes
Re: Global data not working on Samsung S9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having access to service while abroad and we want to help you with your usage internationally. What country are you traveling to? On your device, with the Wi-Fi off. Do you show any signal indicator on top, like 4G, 3G or 1X? Also on your device we can review the different carriers. To do this, please go to settings>connections>mobile networks>network mode>choose LTE/GSM/UMTS. Then select 'manual' under system select. You will get a list of the available local networks under 'network operators'. Please choose one at a time and test the data connection with each one.

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MCHELGA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am traveling to the UK and Amsterdam. All I dgoe at the top of my screen is an R...no 4G, 3G or 1X. I have tried connecting to all 4 or 5 networks available under LTE/GSM/UMTS and was not able to connect to any of them. I'm leaving for home today, but will be traveling in the future and really need this functionality to work properly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to make sure that you have access to this feature, MCHELGA. When you're in your Settings under Mobile Networks, what carrier do you have under Access Point Names? 

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes