Gmail Push & Notifications no longer working after Android 7.0 update
micnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the last update, Gmail will no longer automatically get new mail and therefore there are no longer any notifications, either sound or led. The baseband version is G930VVRU4BQC5. The settings are still configured correctly to receive notifications, but if it won't get new messages, obviously it can't give me a notification. I used to love this phone. Now I'm fairly disappointed. Any idea when the [Removed] from the last update will be corrected?

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail Push & Notifications no longer working after Android 7.0 update
micnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

As much as it pains me to post this, I was able to get push and notifications working again by removing and re-adding my gmail account. Users should not have to be inconvenienced by such nonsense just because some engineer can't do their job correctly. Anyway, this is solved.

View solution in original post

Re: Gmail Push & Notifications no longer working after Android 7.0 update
micnet
Enthusiast - Level 1

As much as it pains me to post this, I was able to get push and notifications working again by removing and re-adding my gmail account. Users should not have to be inconvenienced by such nonsense just because some engineer can't do their job correctly. Anyway, this is solved.