Google Texts are being blocked
Message-Plus-User
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon appears to be blocking Google verification texts and 2FA texts. 

- I can email my number at @vzwpix.com and vtext.com but can't get texts from Google via their filters or 2FA processes

- below comes back in an email

Delivery incomplete - There was a temporary problem delivering your message to <mynumber>@vtext.com. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.

The response was:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. 35.167.120.54: 421 vrz-ibgw-6002a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - sRSelhiF9GcES - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.179 ] [vrz-sms.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. 35.165.168.89: 421 vrz-ibgw-6003a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp Connection refused - sRSplVxQnAttk - POL109E - too many sessions from 209.85.208.182 ] etc..

any clues / assistance on how to get Verizon to stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Texts are being blocked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Message-Plus-User

We never want you to miss any of your messages. I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. I can take a closer look at the area and resolve this messaging issue for you. I use two-factor authentication all the time and have never had an issue. What is going on that you feel this is being blocked by us?  Have you ever been able to use two factor authentication on this device? 

0 Likes