Granny needs help!
HOTDIGGITTYDEB

I'm trying to save an emailed attachment to my gallery. I've read lots of forums and watched numerous videos on how to do this but with no success.

I have a Samsung S9. First time android user.

I understand I should press on the picture and the save option pops up. This does not happen for me.

When I press on the three dots in upper right corner it gives me the option to download or share. I have tapped download and it says download successful but the attachment is not anywhere on the phone.

I'm pulling what's left of my hair out. Suggestions please.

0 Likes
Re: Granny needs help!
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried looking in the "My Files" application? It may be in a folder named Samsung in your app menu. On the main screen there is a "downloads" button that will take you to view all of the files that you have downloaded. It should be in there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the importance of making sure you're able to save email attached pictures to your device. Bbrdtylr, makes a great point. Typically when you download an attachment to your phone it is saved in the My files folder under downloads. I see that you mentioned you have a Galaxy s9, this also has a Google drive option, have you checked there to see if the picture is saved under downloads? Also, tell me more about the email address you're using to save the attachment to your gallery. 

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HOTDIGGITTYDEB, I completely understand how frustrating it can be when a task that seems so simple can be so difficult. I will be more than happy to make sure that you can save this e-mail attachment to your Gallery App in the end. What happens when you press on the picture you will like to save? Are you able to save pictures to your Gallery App that you view from other apps such as your internet browsing app for example?

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes