Group/MMS messages not sending or receiving
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Group messages and MMS messages involving iPhones do not work. If a group or person that sends rapid text messages/MMS messages, it stops sending and all received MMS messages stop. 

Verizon has offered 0 help to the hundreds of posts about this topic because they have no solution. 

Avoid Verizon's service if you plan on using androids for important work correspondence with individuals who have iPhones. Trust me. 😞 

Because of this issue, it ended up costing me over a thousand dollars because of the timing of something involving my work. I have a group chat with coworkers and we were needing correspondences during an important period while mobile. All of my messages stopped sending and receiving unbeknownst to me. I was, and still am, livid over this. 

This halts MMS messages for 20+ minutes and then you will receive a load of them, and then it will stop again until the incoming messages stop, or the messages "age" and you can no longer retrieve them. 

If this happens to you, when the messages start coming in, you can go to each person in the group individually and there will be a "photo" icon that you can click to retrieve the missed message. Sometimes clicking it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

Labels (1)
Re: Group/MMS messages not sending or receiving
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

And they edit my post again to further prove my point that they're not here to offer support. 😒

They just told me they are not here to offer support, and that it's merely a peer to peer type support system. 

So why ask all of these dumb questions and waste our time?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! Being abel to receive your messages is essential and I'd like to see what could be causing this issue. To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon! 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

*Angela

0 Likes
TNTR
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a constant issue for me as well.  I should not have to switch from an android to an iPhone just to get texts to work.  Makes me wonder if Verizon is trying to force people to go to iPhone.

I've been a Verizon customer for more than 25 years.  I don't want to switch services but one has to wonder if the issue is with Verizon instead of the phone. 

I've had same issue with S8 and S10+. Group texts spin but I can send individual texts. Like others...I have tried with wifi on and off. My 4G signal has always been strong. Rebooting phone does not help.  

Today I look and one of my group chats was switched to broadcast. I did not do that.  I am not even sure what that means will happen.

I was in a group chat a couple of days ago and received a video.  5 minutes later I received 2 pictures and 3 texts.... they were automatically put in front of the video. How does the order of received messages change?

Verizon ... please help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We value your loyalty and will be happy to help! Could you tell us which text app you are using? Is everything else on your device working, such as calls and data? ~Christian

0 Likes
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

They request private messages instead of actually helping.😒

Always. 

Sigh called tech support, they said "no similar known issues have been reported to them regarding this"... And then sent me to a survey.

0 Likes
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • Screenshot_20220628-222518_Messages.jpg

 Every time there's a group chat, if someone sends 2-3 texts back to back, they will stop for around 20 minutes... And if you go to each individual in the chat and go to their messages to you, you'll see these... They just spin forever and never load. After about a week, you can click them to attempt to download the MMS they sent in the group chat, but it'll say it was unable to be retrieved from the server. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure that this concern gets resolved, nightguy13. I know you mentioned that you use this for work. Is your phone under a business account?

-Marshall

0 Likes
nightguy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. It's my personal phone. What business can afford these prices in this economy. Lolol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Okay, nightguy13. Thank you for clearing that up for us. Can you also let us know if you are using Messages+ or the Message app that came with your phone? That will help us narrow down how to help.

*Ayesha

0 Likes