Group Texting
mridude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love the toggle switch that lets me select Group/MMS/Just Me when I select several recipients to send a text,

BUT  if I create a permanent group it seems I can only send and receive texts to/from the entire group. Is there a way to change this setting?

0 Likes
Re: Group Texting
bearone21
Legend

change who's in the group or create multiple groups.

0 Likes
mridude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see how that has anything to do with my question.

My question is how can I text with a group that I created, but have answers come back only to me...the way I can when texting to multiple recipients but not using a created group.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

when you send a group message the recipients can only reply to you, not each other .

that's one of the reasons why i don't like group messaging, any time someone in the group replies, you see it....doesn't matter if they are a night person & reply at 3am.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mridude, we want you to be able to group text your way and will provide additional details. When you send a group text, the replies go to everyone in the group. Each recipient should be able to select the option to send the reply only back to you, however most people don't know how to do this and it depends on the messaging app they are using. If I have a group message to send, I will copy and paste the message to the individual recipients so that the message is just between me and that person.

Ralpht_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes