Re: Group texts not working
GOODRICH5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, Group texts stopped in November approximately for me, I had a Pixel, used verizon Message + (is that a joke?),  > remedies tried?  changed message app, reset the application, clear cache, clear db, nothing worked, I gave up.  late December, purchased a Pixel 5 (like it a lot), fired up message + (still a joke), same issue, deleted app, went with message Google, same issue, downloaded set up Textra, same issue, this is tied to some Verizon thing not the phone of the app, I cannot try another provider. well that would be a challenge, I just turned off WiFi on the phone > let's see, should be a more reliable fix from Verizon .. changing carriers seems extreme

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, GOODRICH5! We would be happy to help with your group texts! Are your regular and picture messages coming in without any issue?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
rowellst

This issue for my husband and I did not start until we changed plans to the Unlimited plan.  Is there a fix to this issue?  I have the Galaxy S10+ and he has the Galaxy S20 FE.  We both us the Verizon Message.  It has to be something with Verizon's network or the app itself.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use group texts can certainly come in handy, rowellst! We want to make sure you can both use them. What happens when you try to send a group text? When creating the group message in Message+, are you selecting MMS group, Enhanced group, or Broadcast?

0 Likes
felixduan

I have the same issue.. Could you please fix? It is causing me a lot of problems as I am not receiving important texts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to receive all your messages, we can definitely look into this. When did this issue start? Have you made any changes or updates to your phone?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
sdlen

I am having the same issue. I believe this has been a problem since I started using the phone a year ago.  At times, I can't even be added to someone setting up a group message. One person mentioned that this started for them when they changed to an unlimited plan. This would be the same for me. I have spoken to Verizon a number of times and I thought it was the phone, but now I think it is a Verizon issue.  Can someone assist me with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Group messaging is an important feature in our devices. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you.

0 Likes
JavaJeezy

Tadpole88 hit this right on the head. This is the EXACT same thing that happens to me. I've been on Samsung, messages +, and Verizon for as long as I remember. At this point, I have basically just accepted that group messages will fail 75% of the time while attempting to use it. When possible, I sent everything in FB messenger, which has it's own caveats, but at least I can be a part of the conversation before it is over...

I know whoever is modding this thread, is just trying to help, but there is a 0% chance Verizon does not already know about this issue. It doesn't matter what I do with my phone, it will not solve it until the underlying issue is fixed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JavaJeezy, we never like to hear that you are having issues with your device or services. May we ask how long you have been having this issue? Also, what make/model phone do you have? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes