HD Voice? Has anyone knowingly gotten it to work on a GS5?
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a message from Verizon that HD Voice was available. Went to settings and Advanced Calling and it SAYS "Activate Advanced Calling"... Hit it. Page comes up with a button that says "Activate". PRESSED IT.

Another page that says "Advanced Calling 1.0 ALREADY EXISTS. Turn off the phone and back on...  DID IT.

Phone comes up. Go through the same thing AGAIN... Tells me to shut the phone off and back on... After 3 times I decided this was another joke from Verizon... Went looking for how to actually get this turned on and found this:

If you have an older device like Samsung Galaxy S® 5 or Motorola Droid Ultra / Maxx / Mini, follow these steps to turn HD Voice on or off:

Go to Settings.

Tap More Networks or Tethering & Networks.

Tap Mobile Networks.

Tap the VoLTE Call setting to turn it to On or Off.

Did THAT... In More Networks under Mobile Networks there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that says "VoLTE" of ANY KIND.....

Went to Tethering.  I can say with a fair amount of CERTAINTY THERE'S NOTHING ON THAT PAGE THAT LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE "VoLTE"...

Is Verizon just screwing with us again? Or is there some super-secret double-nought spy thing I have to know to do whatever has to be done to turn this on?  Or is it already on?  And if so, how can I tell?

I don't particularly dislike Verizon, but I sure wish they'd make more idiot-proof for we uninformed when they throw stuff like this out there.

0 Likes
Re: HD Voice? Has anyone knowingly gotten it to work on a GS5?
GREGER4
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have to sign up on MyVerizon website. After you signin go to Manage your Products. Under HD calling it will give you the lines that are eligible for HD calling. Click the line you want to activate and that's it. It may take a little while for your phone to be activated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DavePinMInn, we definitely want you to use this great feature. After activating advanced calling, were you able to turn on the HD Voice? Settings>Advanced Calling>Advanced Calling.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, I haven't found any place where I have to "sign up" for HD calling.  If I DO have to sign up can someone point me to exactly WHERE on the website?  And make it idiot-proof 'cause I'm not seeing it...

As for support - I'm glad you want me to use this, but as my ORIGINAL post said - after REPEATED attempts to get the phone to activate the advanced calling "IT'S NOT WORKING".  Thus, my reason for starting this topic...

Going to the website I get a popup that SAYS

Unfortunately, all eligible devices already have the HD Voice product. Your other devices are not compatible with HD Voice at this time. To learn more about this product please visit our product details page or read about FAQs here.

SO, does my S5 HAVE it or not, and if it SHOULD, HOW DO I ACTIVATE ADVANCED CALLING AND GET IT WORKING?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DavePinMInn wrote:

So far, I haven't found any place where I have to "sign up" for HD calling. If I DO have to sign up can someone point me to exactly WHERE on the website? And make it idiot-proof 'cause I'm not seeing it...

As for support - I'm glad you want me to use this, but as my ORIGINAL post said - after REPEATED attempts to get the phone to activate the advanced calling "IT'S NOT WORKING". Thus, my reason for starting this topic...

Going to the website I get a popup that SAYS

Unfortunately, all eligible devices already have the HD Voice product. Your other devices are not compatible with HD Voice at this time. To learn more about this product please visit our product details page or read about FAQs here.

SO, does my S5 HAVE it or not, and if it SHOULD, HOW DO I ACTIVATE ADVANCED CALLING AND GET IT WORKING?

Did you see the instructions given in the other post on your thread? Re: HD Voice? Has anyone knowingly gotten it to work on a GS5?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your Galaxy S5 is definitely HD Voice compatible, DavePinMInn. I appreciate you checking to ensure the feature is active on the account. Our Simulator provides a step by step guide on activating HD Voice. http://spr.ly/65848yUOQ

Since these steps are similar to the steps you mentioned taking in your original post, if you are still unable to activate HD Voice, please ensure you are connected to 4G LTE.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're KIDDING, right?  Did you READ the original post?  The one that SAYS I WENT INTO SETTINGS, WENT TO ADVANCED CALLING, WENT INTO ADVANCED CALLING AND REPEATEDLY ATTEMPTED TO ACTIVATE IT?

Yes, I hit the link to the "simulator".  And went INTO the simulator...  AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS:

1. From the home screen, drag down the notification panel

2. Tap the Settings icon

DID BOTH OF THESE THINGS.

3. Tap Advanced calling.

JUST LIKE THAT LAST 10 TIMES, DID THIS AGAIN

4. Tap Advanced Calling again.

REALLY?  DID ANYONE PROOF READ THE SIMULATOR?  OK, TAPPED Advanced Calling AGAIN.  OH, NO LONGER IN ADVANCED CALLING.  Ok, IGNORE THIS INSTRUCTION.

INSTEAD, I'll tap "Activate Advanced Calling" JUST LIKE I'VE DONE THE LAST 10 TIMES.

5. Tap or slide the Advanced Calling switch to On or OFF.

THERE IS NOTHING ON THIS PAGE TO TAP OR SLIDE TO ON OR OFF.  NOTHING.  PERIOD.  There's a BUTTON THAT SAYS 'ACTIVATE' EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST 10 TIMES.

PRESSING THAT BUTTON GETS ME TO ANOTHER SCREEN WHERE I CAN TAP "OK".  AND TELLS ME TO RESTART THE *&^%$#@ PHONE...  JUST LIKE THE LAST 10 TIMES.....

Tap OK...

?

You win.  I give up.  I don't need whatever HD voice is badly enough to go through this kind of stupidity.

0 Likes